Tuesday, March 23, 2004

self-image
a topic that's cropped up a lot lately in my life. wonder why. maybe, probably because i've been mulling over thoughts like... who am i? and what exactly has God created me to be? to do? what does what i already know about myself tell me about God's plans for me? and much more. thanks, God, dropping so many clues in my path. this past sunday at fbcc 'focus' youth service, the message was about fear of failure, a continuation of a series on self-image. to the side, there was a tall, full-length mirror. at about chest level, it was smashed, jagged fragments still clinging to the frame. before the message, carolyn shared some of her personal testimony and struggles with self-image. those of you who know her, you might ask her about it. she has some great things to share, especially for all you sisters out there =) i've actually ended up saying a lot more than i meant to. it was just supposed to be a one-liner =P so at last...

here's a song i came across today...

I was so unique
Now I feel skin deep
Count on the maker to cover it all.
Crying myself to sleep �cause I can not keep their attention
Thought I could be strong, but it�s killing me.

Does someone hear my cry?
I�m dying for new life.

I wanna be beautiful,
Make you stand in awe.
Look inside my heart.
Be amazed.
I want to hear you say
Who I am is quite enough
I just wanna be worthy of love
Beautiful

Sometimes I wish I was someone
Other than me
Fighting to make the mirror happy
Trying to find whatever is missing
Won�t you help me back to glory?

I wanna be beautiful
Make you stand in awe
Look inside my heart
And be amazed
I want to hear you say
Who I am I quite enough
I just wanna be worthy of love

You make me beautiful
You make me stand in awe
You step inside my heart
And I am amazed
I love to hear you say
Who I am is quite enough
You make me worthy of love
Beautiful
You make me worthy of love
Beautiful
Beautiful

(Beautiful, Bethany Dillon)

No comments: