Home
I've just graduated. Done with school forever...
and the only thing on my mind is how surreal it feels.
no more dorm room, no more questionable kins food, no more walking across the street to the honors dorms - my "home", no more all-purpose ID card, no more professors and exams, no more marathon all-nighters, no more last-minute kins runs to stock up on late-night snacks.
they didn't assign me a roommate for the temp room in jester.
i was one of the last ones to leave campus.
that last day, sitting in the empty room that wasn't even mine, looking down the empty hall, walking around the empty campus... all gave me a strange, inexplicable feeling.driving into sugar land, passing by my high school, moving back into my room...
it all feels both familiar and alien
what did i think of my years at UT? how do i feel about my experiences there? have i changed? will i miss it?
i don't know.
i don't think i will until i can sift through the images drifting through my mind.
maybe i don't want to let go yet. maybe i could see better if i did.
maybe nothing seems familar because i'm not the same anymore.
i'm not sure i want to move forward, but i definitely can't go back.
3 comments:
Indeed ... when a chapter of life is over.. those nice little summeries at the end always surge back bitter sweet memories of those pages that we just finished writing. Take some time to flip through that mental photo album, sometimes things that didn't make sense back then will slowly become less hazzy. I know it did for me. ;p And I had 1.5 years of unemployed days and nights to chew on them so I would know. hehe ^^
vtao
heh. thanks. looks like i'll have quite some time to ponder too.
Eh heh, never say you're done with school forever. You might just find yourself back there one day :P
Undergrad life is very unique. I miss certain aspects of it sometimes -- life after college really is quite different. But there's a nice thing or two about it. Surely you won't miss the all-nighters :P For me I guess it helped that I didn't necessarily have time to brood much between undergrad and the next step.
Post a Comment